[Kde-pim] branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+/kmail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Feb 14 21:56:37 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 15:04, Volker Krause wrote:
> SVN commit 633599 by vkrause:
>
> After enterprise branch and trunk, merge the kmail-moving-folders
> branch here as well.
> Nearly all folders can now be copied and moved using the context
> menu, copy/cut/paste actions and keyboard shortcuts as well as
> drag&drop. This also adds copy/cut/paste actions for messages.
>
> Please note that if there are still bugs, folder moving is
> potentially dangerous since it deletes the source folder. Please let
> me know if you experience any problems with that.

I don't like cut & paste for folders and messages. It's way too easy to
shoot oneself in the foot with this. IMO drag&drop and the message
move/copy dialog for keyboard users are enough. cut & paste really
isn't suitable for everything.

Sorry, for asking instead of looking at the code:

Is there at least a Continue/Cancel message box shown after a cut
operation so that the user can easily revert an accidental cut? (The
user will not know that a paste will revert the cut.)

How difficult is it to cut a folder/a message? Is there a keyboard
shortcut for this or is this only possible via the context menu?

Is a cut folder/message gone if KMail crashes before the paste?

Regards,
Ingo