[Kde-pim] Bug 128435 - patch and request for comment

Dima Kagan dima_kagan at tut.by
Tue Feb 20 19:59:54 GMT 2007

Hi, everyone!

As a first contribution to KDE, I decided to nail down a bug that has
been bothering me the most.

Now, for details. The original code seems to ignore entirely the
workdays settings in the configuration and instead implements a logic,
assuming Monday is first workday and workweek is always 5 days. Both
aren't always true, of course.
My patch solves these problems. The workday settings are read from the
configuration and the code works correctly with any day as week start
day in Regional Settings and any given selection of workdays in
Korganizer's configuration.

There is one minor issue, which I've yet to figure out.
The "Work Week View" always insists on displaying consequent workdays,
even when it contradicts user selection.
For example, I select Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday as workdays.
The "Work Week View" will display Monday through Friday(including
Wednesday) as work days. I know, my code doesn't cause these since I set
mSelectedDays specifically to workdays selected in configuration.
This is a minor issue though, and I'm hoping my patch will make it into
the tree and the next stable release, because it almost completely
solves a very annoying issue which makes korganizer unusable in some
situations.

I've attached the diff against the 3.5 branch tree. I tried to keep up
with the coding style as much as possible.

Please, post your feedback and ideas about the above mentioned issue.
This is my first submission, so any newbie tips will be appreciated.

Regards,
Dmitry Kagan