[Kde-pim] Akonadi & QtDBus multi-threading support

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Feb 1 14:19:27 GMT 2007

Tobias Koenig wrote:
>Well, our current code is part of akonadi, which can be compiled by
>doing a make in trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi. However we use the
>'send-signal-to-main-thread-do-dbus-query-from-there-and-pass-result-bac
>k-to-worker-thread' hack you suggested during akademy there. For testing
> the new Qt code we'd have to modify the akonadi code.
>
>Can you provide a patch which we apply to our local qt-copy to evaluate?

Hmm... not really. I can't extricate it from the rest of the changes I
made to QtDBus. So, unless you want an 800k patch (23405 lines), I can't
send it. Besides, it requires Qt 4.3 stuff (QStringRef).

The patch against the current Qt 4.3 snapshot sources is 160k. I can send
a tarball with the whole source code. But you still need to build kdepim
with Qt 4.3.

The good news is that it'll come with a lot of optimisations I made during
the month of January.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358