[Kde-pim] Venting

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Feb 8 21:05:38 GMT 2007

Howdy,

I'm discouraged.

Nearly everything I tried  today in a kdepim+ application is broken
or causes a crash.  Ok, just Kontact, KMail, and KOrganizer.
KAlarm worked fine.  KAddressbook worked too.

+ Marking a recurring to-do done -> asks for what resource to save (why?
   it already knows).  and it asks twice.  and then crashes
+ New To-do editor -> has a start year thousands of years in the future
+ Kontact Summary view has a strange vertical increasing of the status bar
    whenever the mouse moves over a link
+ KMail Templates need a lot more work (and documentation) than we
    found during testing
 etc. etc, plus bugs reported by Tm_T.

Almost all the problems I encountered are in the official 3.5.6 release.

And then there's the never ending stream of kdepim-bugs.

Blah.  Not that I have any magic solutions.  Just venting my
frustrations and discouragement.

-Allen

--
KDEPIM Developer