[Kde-pim] ICS files for german, austrian, ... holidays

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Feb 13 21:01:41 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 09:26, Werner Fischer wrote:

> till some days ago you provided nice ICS files for holidays for various
> countries at http://korganizer.kde.org/calendars/hotstuff.html
>
> Unfortunately, now there only comes a 404 error message :-(
>
> Do you plan to again publish ICS files there? It was really a nice and
> very valuable feature.

The files we had on the KOrganizer web site were almost completely outdated
and this wasn't likely to change because there is currently nobody
maintaining them. That's the reason why they were removed.

If you need holidays, KOrganizer has a wide range of national holidays for
many countries built in. You can activate them in the preferences dialog. For
special holidays like school holidays you might be able to fins iCalendar
files on one of the calendar sharing sites.

That said, it still would be nice, if we could get the "Hot New Stuff" feature
of KOrganizer to work again. We would have to recreate the control files on
the web site and we would need somebody volunteering to maintain the calendar
files. This wouldn't require programming skills. Any takers?