[Kde-pim] HTML composition in KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Feb 26 21:03:08 GMT 2007

On Sunday 25 February 2007 23:37, Rob Hasselbaum wrote:
> On 02/25/2007 03:31 PM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Sure, but I don't think we want to write our own HTML editor. The
> > current functionality is pretty simple. But people want to embed
> > images and add tables. This is far from easy. I'd rather
> > (optionally) include a Quanta-part (probably with stripped-down
> > functionality) than writing and maintaining an HTML editor of our
> > own.
>
> It is easier to strip something down than build something new, but I
> think we'd end up maintaining an editor either way.   The Quanta
> folks don't seem interested in a standalone KPart, stripped down or
> otherwise. So we're talking about a fork.

Hmm, there must be a third alternative. Anyway, QTextEdit is able to
render images and tables, but it doesn't have built-in support for
adding images and tables. Maybe it is feasible to add support for this
to QTextEdit. I suggest playing a bit with it unless you find a better
solution.

Regards,
Ingo