[Kde-pim] Want to create patch for Recipient Picker in trunk

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Wed Feb 21 18:03:16 GMT 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 05:53:50PM +0100, Mathias Soeken wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Mathias,

> I want to create a patch for the Recipient Picker in trunk. My goals:
>
> 1) Replace K3ListView with QTreeView using the new Qt4 model/view technology.
> 2) Implement Bug 118707: Allow more fields in address picker
>
> Is anybody else working on this or are there other plans? Are there any hints,
> wishes or anything I have to consider when implementing the patch?
That sounds good, however to reduce duplicated work you should be aware
of the fact that we'll provide a general ContactModel that retrieves the
data directly from akonadi.

The recipient picker model should be a proxymodel on top of it to make
use of change notifications etc.

Unfortunately we havn't such a ContactModel yet... maybe a good first
step would be to implement such model which provides static data. So the
pim components can be developed on top of it and later we can replace
the implementation of the model to access akonadi.

> While searching in bugs.kde.org for recipient picker related bugs, I also
> found Bug 110048. I think it is fixed at least in 3.5.6.
Right, I closed the bug now, thanks for the hint!

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!