[Kde-pim] mulitpart/alternative & mixed libkmime question.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Thu Feb 15 22:31:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to *compose* a message with three parts, one plain, one html and one attachment.
The plain and html are alternatives to each other and the attachment should be visible for either version...

Scenario 1:
Create Content A, fill it with plain content
Create Content B, fill it with html content
Add Content B to A. A will get converted to Mixed, with proper A and B multiparts.
Change the Mixed to Alternative.
Create Content C, fill it with attachment.
Add C to A. libkmime sees it's already a multipart and adds C as third part to the message.
Problem: C is not an alternative to A or B. A & B should be in a seperate multipart part and that should be together with C a mixed multipart.

Scenario 2:
Create Content A. Dont fill it.
Create Content B. Fill it with plain.
Create Content C. Fill it with html.
Add Content C to B. B is converted to Mixed, with proper A and B multiparts.
Change the Mixed to Alternative.
Add Content B to A. A is converted to Mixed, there will be an extra invalid/invalid part in the message.
Create Content C, fill it with attachment,
Add C to A, A proper part is added.
Problem: There is an invalid/invalid part added to the message. The rest of the message is ok. If i grep that part and delete it from the message, i loose the whole Alternative part. But that is a separate bug.

Is anyone able to tell me if either scenario is the right one?

Toma