[Kde-pim] Treo 680

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Sun Dec 16 17:24:22 GMT 2007

On 11/10/07, Gerhard Müllner <gerhard at gm.co.at> wrote:

> i am using kpilot 4.9.2-358 on SuSe Linux 10.3 with a treo 680 palm os
> phone.
> i reat an email from december last year, with an instruction:
>
> > 1) Connect the usb sync cable
> > 2) open kpilot
> > 3) press the hot sync button on the treo data cable
> > 4) Go to Settings-->Configure Kpilot
> > 5) choose device
> > 6) change the speed
> > 7) once I click the sync immediately starts and completes successfully
>
> with this i can sync my treo 680.
> are there better solutions available?

Hi there.  =:)

Actually, all that this process is doing is causing KPilot to restart its
device communication process.  The same thing can be achieved by clicking
the third button on KPilot's toolbar (reset device communication).  As Ryan
mentioned, the real solution is for the USB workaround setting in KPilot's
configuration to get KPilot to recognize a non-syncing device connection and
close it.  That's broken right now and something that I aim to look into as
soon as I get the chance.

--
-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-