[Kde-pim] Threaded ldap search class

Sean Harmer sh at theharmers.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 10:49:59 BST 2007

Hi All,

I've put together the beginnings of a class to perform ldap searches in a
separate thread so that it doesn't block the calling thread. I've called this
class LdapSearchThread for want of a better name. I've included a patch
against kdepimlibs revision 651209 that incorporates this class. The patch
also includes a small local change that makes ldapconfigwidget and co use
LdapDN objects to represent DNs rather than plain QStrings.

What I would like to know is what would you like me to do with this code?
Should I incorporate similar changes into LdapSearch so that it is
multithreaded by default fo should I add a new class to the kldap library
(better names for the class are welcome)?

I realise that this is only the bare essentials to get something working at
the moment, but I didn't want to go too far until I get some feedback as to
whether this would be useful or not.

Kind regards,

Sean