[Kde-pim] KPilot

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Sat Apr 14 03:33:23 BST 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007, Oliver Sampson wrote:
> Hi,
> I posted this a little while ago but got no response, so I thought I'd
> try this again.
>
> I upgraded to kdepim-3.5.6-0.2.fc6 a little while ago, and ever since
> then my kpilotd can't be found.  I had it so it started as paort of my
> desktop, but now it's not there. locate doesn't show a kpilotd either.
>
> What would be the best way to get kpilotd up and running on my system
> again?  A kdepim reinstall? Something else?

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately, I think that fc6 doesn't have pilot-link 0.12.x, which is
required for kpilot from KDE 3.5.6.  Therefore, I think they made the
decision to ship kdepim without kpilot.

So, the easiest solution would be to download pilot-link 0.12 from
www.pilot-link.org, install it somewhere logical (/usr/local/ maybe), and
then download the latest kpilot from http://www.kpilot.org and do the same
thing (install it to /usr/local).

--