[Kde-pim] Kmail and ethernet port locking

Jens jens at pacificsun.ca
Fri Apr 27 15:41:42 BST 2007

On April 27, 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op vr 27 apr 2007 02:09 schreef u:
> > I shifted my ethernet connection to another port on the same computer
> > with the same results.
> > If the port is in it's locked up state, I just unplug the network cable
> > and plug it back in and all is well with the ethernet link. In all cases,
> > Kmail is locked up and I am guessing checking for email. To recover, I
> > close down Kmail and start it back up and all is well.
>
> Does it lock up when KMail is not running?
>
> Toma

Last night the thing started to lock up fairly often so I decided to stop
Kmail over night. It did indeed lock up. I had done the same test before but
without the lockup. It can be several days before the port locks.

Anyway, based on the fact that it locks up without Kmail running, it's
obviously not a Kmail issue :(

Jens