[Kde-pim] korganizer doesn't save resources immediately when changed or deleted (bug 143511)

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Wed Apr 4 15:49:48 BST 2007

On Monday 02 April 2007, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. April 2007 schrieb Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper:

> > > Ah, right, that would be a call to
> > > void ResourceCached::setSavePolicy( int i )
> > > with i=SaveDelayed in the constructor. I wonder why we don't use that
> > > already,,,
> >
> > I poked through korganizer/libkcal today and I don't see anywhere in
> > korganizer that setSavePolicy() is called.  Since you guys know this code
> > inside and out (Cornelious/Reinhold), would you have a couple of minutes
> > to either point me to the right class/method to put this in
>
> As I wrote in my previous mails, the best place would be in the constructor
> of the file resource (ResourceLocal::ResourceLocal). The other resource
> types (remote, dIMAP, etc.) work differently, so they don't suffer from
> that problem (but trying to sync them with kpilot using the
> CalendarResources will definitely crash kpilot and there is no way to
> prevent that).
>
> Cheers,
> Reinhold

Just as one last follow-up to this...  Per Reinhold's approval, I've commited
this one-line change to ResourceLocal::init() and ResourceLocalDir::init() to
explicitly setSavePolicy( SaveDelayed ) in both kdepim-3.5.5+ and
branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim  This should close the data loss problem addressed in
bug 143511.

Thanks again Reinhold!  =:)

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-