[Kde-pim] [kdepim-users] kontact exchange connector state

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Nov 8 22:08:00 GMT 2006

On Wednesday, November 8, 2006 04:41:15 PM Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Thursday 02 November 2006 17:47, Stephan Kölle wrote:
> > I really think kontact is the best PIM tool. I use it at work and at home.
> > But now I need to connetct to Microsoft Exchange. The homepage ist not very
>
> The exchange connector was dropped in 2005, I think, because it just didn't
> work very well and there was no one whose need was great enough to actually
> work on it. There were other groupware servers the PIM team cared more about.
> I'm not even sure that the code is in the current codebase.

The Exchange 2000 resource is still in KDE 3.5.x.
We planned to remove it, but somehow it has survived.
It is not actively maintained,  and it also doesn't seem to
work with Exchange 2003.

It is definitely gone in the current KDE 4 codebase.
Unless a very interested developer(s) comes to the rescue.

Regards,
Allen