[Kde-pim] KDE 3.5.6 fast approaching

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Tue Dec 12 22:28:37 GMT 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 23:50, Till Adam wrote:
> On Friday 08 December 2006 23:34, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Tuesday, December 5, 2006 11:51:25 AM Allen Winter wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Note that Coolo has announced the release schedule for KDE 3.5.6
> > > as follows:
> > >
> > > 16 December 2006: Message and Doc Freeze
> >
> > About one week from now.
> >
> > Ingo and Till: do you think you will have time to review the new
> > templates feature in KMail?  Dmitry is extremely busy and it
> > wouldn't be nice to have him busting to finish a feature that you
> > won't have time to review in the next week.  IOW: unless you two
> > have time to give feedback very soon (this weekend) then we'll have
> > to put off the KMail templates until 3.5.7.  Please let us know.

I played with it, and the functionality does seem very useful and well
done, although the interaction between the two template mechanisms is
somewhat confusing indeed. I saw no obvious problems in the code, but
didn't give it a thorough review. Personally I would prefer the two
mechanisms to be integrated better, before it goes in, but since I lack
the time to drive that process, it seems unfair that I should block
things from progressing, especially since frustrating new contributors
is really something we should avoid. ;)

It's Ingo's call, technically, if he has time to make it. Failing that,
I would think you should decide, Allen, given that you are the most
active KMail person at this point, and I strongly believe in He Who
Does The Work Gets To Decide (TM).

Great to see people working on KMail again. Welcome, all, and thanks a
lot for these contributions. Sorry to be so bad at receiving them
constructively and in a timely manner. :/

Cheers,

Till (heading off to pack more stuff into boxes)