[Kde-pim] KPilot - trouble syncing

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Thu Dec 14 20:37:20 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 23:52, Matt Kane wrote:
> Hardware Platform: x86
> OS: FreeBSD 6.1
> Palm Device: Zire 72
> Connection: USB
> KPilot Version: 4.6.0 (blivit)
> pilot-link Version: 0.11.8
> KDE Version: 3.5.1
> Qt version: 3.3.5
>
> I have loaded the uvisor kernel module, and my Zire is detected by the
> kernel when I press its HotSync button (I get a message on the main console
> saying so).  I have also added the appropriate lines to /etc/usbd.conf to
> automatically create the link to /dev/pilot as per the FAQ but the link
> doesn't seem to be created at all... KPilot doesn't appear to be detecting
> the Zire at all.  Where did I goof?

What are the permissions on /dev/pilot?  What are the permissions
on /dev/ttyUSB* when you sync?  Also, there are some workaround options you
might try in kpilot's configuration (General Setup | Device) settings for the
Zire.  Also, I'd suggest having kpilot try using /dev/ttyUSB1 (or whatever
FreeBSD calls it) instead of /dev/pilot if you can't get that working
reliably.

In general, though, if you can't get things working, try taking kpilot out of
the equation by trying only the pilot-link command-line tools
(pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -l for example).

HTH!!  =:)

--

 `
 ,