[Kde-pim] kontact.kde.org People page. Request for profiles.

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Dec 30 00:38:01 GMT 2006

On Thursday 28 December 2006 17:45, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Monday 18 December 2006 18:35, Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:
> > If you're involved in the project and want recognition and the huge kudos
>
> It's a good sign that *no one* from PIM wants to be associated with
> Kontact.

???

> As a compromise, I suppose we'll have to go through the commit
> logs and invent dog-felching histories for the people who are to blame for
> the whole damn thing.

What kind of problem do you have with Kontact?

The list of people doesn't have to be 100% accurate. Don't take this so
serious. We don't need to find formal criteria for who is allowed to be there
or whatever. If people don't feel like presenting themselves there, that's
ok. List people just with their name or leave them out. It's a dynamic
community and there are no jobs, titles, salaries, whatever associated with
the listing on the Kontact web site. If it gives a rough impression of who
stands behind it and puts some faces on the names which appear on the mailing
list, in IRC, in the about box or wherever people talk about Kontact, that's
ok. It's much more important that the information about the application is
appealing than that the list of contributors is complete.

> Or should we just decide there's no *point* to the Kontact website and get
> rid of it, returning to the PIM site as the collection of both user and
> developer information?

Why should we do that? Both sites have the same problem, that there are not
enough people working on them to make them really great. If we now have
somebody who works on the Kontact web site, we should be happy and see that
this web site is improved. By combining it again with all the developer
stuff, we will only make the job much harder.

> In two weeks time there is the PIM meeting in
> Osnabrück, it'd be nice to be able to hang on to the nice fellow who
> volunteered to write content for the website and generally maintain it at
> least up until that meeting.

We should talk about the web site at the meeting, yes.