[Kde-pim] Synching info

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Fri Dec 1 17:32:22 GMT 2006

Am Freitag 01 Dezember 2006 17:53 schrieb Tobias Koenig:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 10:16:45AM +0100, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> > a small hint for the advanced kde user. For me the best "synching
> > experience" so far is using the SoC kitchensynk and opensync.
>
> Nice to hear, however I want to make clean something, at first it is no
> SoC project

After reading Cornelius blog I thought that the missing link between opensync
and kdepim was done by  Eduardo Habkost who made the different code
branches "release ready" as part of his SoC project(?)
(So, Kudos for everone who is involved ;-))

> and it is actively maintained, maybe you mixed up the code
> pathes in SVN? The OpenSync frontend you are talking about is called
> KitchenSync (no 'k' ;)) and is located under
> branches/work/opensync-integration.

Last time I looked into webcvs the last commit was 2-3 month old.
Now installation is part of my kdepim-installer:
[..]
svn $MODE $SVNROOT$SVN_BRANCH/$PACKAGE
rm -r kitchensync
svn co
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/opensync-integration/kitchensync
[..]
That way I make everytime a fresh checkout and can never notice any SVN
update.

> As you can see in the commit messages, we recently added some patches
> from SuSE developers and just waiting for OpenSync 1.0 is released, so
> that we can use it as replacement for the KitchenSync from 3.5 branch.

Why is it not part of  branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+/ ?
Its a long way to KDE-4 and I would like to see this code more prominent as
part of a kdepim branch. I never could do anything useful with the standard
kitchensync. And this version worked "out of the box": Perfect bluetooth
integration, intuitive simple GUI and synching simply works. :-)

Bye

  Thorsten