[Kde-pim] PIM+ to PIM 3.5 Merge Summary

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Dec 17 14:18:15 GMT 2006

Howdy PIMsters,

If you have been using the kdepim-3.5.5+ branch (aka "pim+"), please switch
back to using the 3.5/kdepim branch now.   Obviously, svn up and rebuild.

We need to test and bugfix for the upcoming 3.5.6 release.
After 3.5.6 is tagged we can go back to using 3.5.5+

 Features/Fixes we tested in pim+ that have been merged:
 + KMail templates
 + KMail background filtering improvements
 + KMail RecipientsEditor improvements
 + KOrganizer year and incidence printing (and lots of other printing cleanups)
 + KOrganizer new command line options (--merge, --import, --open)
 + Kontact appointment and to-do summary menus for "edit', "delete",
    "mark completed" (to-dos only).
 + KPilot updates (from CodeYard)
 + KArm updates (from KDAB)
 + A bunch of bugfixes and usability improvements

Features we tested in pim+ that were not merged:
 + KMail top-posting, signature insertion (TOFU)  (controversial)
 + KMail custom tagging (unstable)
 + KMail HTML signatures (buggy)
 + Kontact Planner summary (not fiinished)

There is still a bunch of trunk porting to do.  Especially the KOrganizer printing
and KMail templates.  Help with this greatly appreciated.

-Allen
--
This is my KDE signature