[Kde-perl] (no subject)

Jonathan Yu jonathan.i.yu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:45:00 CEST 2009

Hi:

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Zaher Salman<zaher_salman at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile perl-qt with perl 5.10. Everything goes well including the install, but then when I generate an application (using puic or from the examples) I get the following error
>
> --- No method to call for :
>        QApplication::new('Qt::Applic...', ARRAY(0x806a4a8))
> at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Qt.pm line 469.
>
> Any ideas why?
Perhaps you should be using: QApplication(...) -- ie, without using
::new like that. Though without knowing what version of the Qt
bindings you're using, it's hard to tell if that's the correct syntax.
Still, based on the PerlQt3 bindings, the constructors look like:

  Qt::Application(...)
or
  Qt::Application->new(...)

> By the way, is perl-qt still being actively developed?
It depends on which version of perlqt you're using. There are many,
and many of them are abandoned.

The most promising one and most actively maintained one right now is
on Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/perlqt4/ and is a candidate
for inclusion in the kdebindings package.