[Kde-perl] Perl QT + Mac

Gary L. Greene Jr. greeneg at tolharadys.net
Sat Nov 3 09:28:26 CET 2007

On Saturday 03 November 2007 01:16:23 am ademmler wrote:
> Hi Gary!
>
> Thank you for the quick reply.
>
> There is an opensource port from QT 4.3.2 availabel on Trolltechs FTP
> Server.
> http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/index
>
> It installs mostly all QT files as Frameworks in /Library/...

What I meant by this was that PerlQt is currently not ported to work with Qt4
only Qt3. The work on that is still in the planning stage. (Coders are
welcome :D)

> I have tried to compile PerlQT, but configure is asking for KDE . . .
>
> Is there anny idea how we could test/modify PerlQT installation for
> that.

iirc, there is a configure flag to not use the KDE bindings version of
libsmoke, but generate it's own....

> Regards Alex
>
> Am 03.11.2007 um 09:00 schrieb Gary L. Greene Jr.:
> > On Saturday 03 November 2007 12:40:03 am ademmler wrote:
> >> Hi List members!
> >>
> >> Does annybody know if it is possible to use PerlQT on Mac OS X
> >> Plattform?
> >> An does it work with QT 4.3.2?
> >>
> >> Thank's Alex
> >
> > Currently there is no port to Qt4 available, though there is some
> > planning
> > stages work being done. As far as Mac OS X is concerned, I'm not
> > positive on
> > how well it will work, though I'd be interested in getting it
> > working on OS
> > X, since that would make for a very powerful RAD setup for apps on
> > OS X.
> >
> > --
> > Gary L. Greene, Jr.
> > Sent from: peorth.tolharadys.net
> >  00:57:50 up 2 days,  1:15,  1 user,  load average: 0.18, 0.06, 0.08
> > ====
> > Developer and Project Lead for the AltimatOS open source project
> > Volunteer Developer for the KDE open source project
> > See http://www.altimatos.com/ and http://www.kde.org/ for more
> > information

Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: peorth.tolharadys.net
 01:25:19 up 2 days,  1:42,  1 user,  load average: 0.50, 0.75, 0.64