[Kde-perl] Perl-Qt4

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed May 16 18:02:27 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007, Gary L. Greene, Jr. wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 03:56, nnxore nnx0r3 wrote:
> > Hi Gary Greene
> >
> > We want know when the Perl-Qt4 will be available. We have a project which
> > use Perl and Qt4 and We hope interface them.
> >
> > Thanks alot.
> >

> > regards
> > NNXore Team
>
> As stated in a previous email, I've not had much time to devote to working
> on it like I'd have hoped due to work obligations and other pressures on my
> time. About the best estimate I can give is that it won't be before KDE
> 4.0's release :(
Would it be possible to put the code into a public repository, so other people
could work on it to speed things up? For example, in playground/bindings in
the kde svn might be a good place. I'm happy to help with questions etc,
about the port from Qt3 to Qt4 as the issues should be very similar to the
QtRuby port. I don't personally have much time to work on the code directly,
and I'm not very expert at advance perl, perlguts, xs, but I would be very
pleased to see a Qt4 release of PerlQt.

-- Richard