[Kde-perl] setInputMask freeze up

Roy Souther roy at silicontao.com
Wed Mar 22 17:59:08 CET 2006

I stripped it down to the most basic of a test file and now I am getting
an error that setInputMask is not a property of the lineEdit object.

Is this true? This member has been a part of Qt since as far back as I
can remember. How can I know what members are missing, what I can trust
and what I can use?

Is this problem fixed in a newer version of PerlQt? Do I need to
recompile PerlQt?

The error
Subroutine Qt::_internal::this redefined
at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3/Qt.pm line 527.
Subroutine Qt::base::this redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3/Qt.pm
line 528.
Qt: Locales not supported on X server
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry
at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3/Qt.pm line 236.
--- No method to call for :
        QLineEdit::setInputMask('*')
at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3/Qt.pm line 8.
DESTROY created new reference to dead object ' Qt::LineEdit' during
global destruction.

The test program.

#!/usr/bin/perl -W

use strict;
use utf8;
package Form1;
use Qt;
use Qt::isa qw(Qt::Dialog);
use Qt::attributes qw(
    pushButton1
    lineEdit1
);

sub NEW
{
    shift->SUPER::NEW(@_[0..3]);

    resize(400,300);

lineEdit1 = Qt::LineEdit(this, "lineEdit1");
lineEdit1->setGeometry(Qt::Rect(20, 20, 300, 20));
lineEdit1->setInputMask("*");

    pushButton1 = Qt::PushButton(this, "pushButton1");
    pushButton1->setGeometry(Qt::Rect(150, 170, 131, 31));
    pushButton1->setText("pushButton1");
}

1;

package Main;