[Kde-perl] Capturing close events

Marius Kjeldahl marius at kjeldahl.net
Tue Mar 21 17:21:04 CET 2006

In my application I need to capture close events for a QWidget derived widget.
I've attempted to override "close" and "closeEvent", and they get called but
carry no information about the "this" pointer. This means I am not able to
access attributes in my widget instance from within close/closeEvents.

Does anybody have any ideas why this isn't working, or an alternative method of
capturing the close events? Keep in mind that the close event is typically
triggered from the window system, so I can not capture it elsewhere I think.

Thanks,

Marius Kjeldahl
(running perl-qt on linux/x86)