[Kde-perl] PerlQt apps focus are main tools in Canux Linux. What do you have?

Roy Souther roy at silicontao.com
Fri Jun 2 17:51:23 CEST 2006

For about a year now I have been working on my own Linux distribution
that is based on Debian 3.1 and Knoppix. I call it Canux, I may change
the name. Canux is used by some company that has nothing to do with me
so I will need to change it at some time. For now I am not releasing
this to the public for that reason. If you want to try it I can make the
ISO available.

The installer is mostly written with PerlQt and some system apps also. I
am working to add as many apps as possible that use PerlQt as the GUI
engine for this distribution.

I know that a lot of people on this list have made a great many programs
using PerlQt. Would anyone like to contribute their apps to this
distribution? I would very much like apps to be in Debian package format
but I can do that if you do not have that already. I am using PerlQt
3.008.

I don't have any official site for it yet. I will set that up after I
find a good name. If you want to suggest a name for it. The function of
the distribution is to focus on development of software and the easy
deployment of the software. The installer program written in PerlQt is
modular so that any developer can add a simple description file to the
ISO and use it to deploy their software. The installer has very few
options so is very easy to use even by Windows experts. The installer
has very few options so is not very useful to Linux experts. I have
plans to add an expert mode that would allow the user to set details for
the install but that does not work yet.

I really love PerlQt.

Royce Souther
www.SiliconTao.com
Let Open Source help your business move beyond.

For security this message is digitally authenticated by GnuPG.