[Kde-perl] Perl-Qt4?

Joe Claborn joe at claborn.net
Thu Jun 1 15:41:44 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 3:50 am, Richard Dale wrote:

> > Any ideas?  Is there a way to keep Perl-Qt alive?
>
> Well, because QtRuby uses the same 'Smoke' library as PerlQt, and that is
> already ported to Qt4. The rest of the changes could be based on the QtRuby
> code as the two projects are still very similar. However, I just don't have
> the time to do the work myself, although I'm perfectly happy to help
> someone else do it who is familar with perlguts coding.

What would it take to become familiar with perlguts coding?  What language is
it coded in?  I'm at least interested to know if it is something that is
within my realm of possibilities.

While the takeItem 'fix' cured my immediate need, it still appears that PerlQT
has a very uncertain future unless someone takes up active maintenance. If it
is beyond our abilities, I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to help
someone work on it.