[Kde-perl] threads with PerlQt

darrik darrik at mythofbutterfly.com
Sun Aug 13 07:27:56 CEST 2006

I've been trying to get a multithreaded app working with PerlQt to no
success whatsoever and was hoping someone could help me out.  It seems
there's no perl implementation of QThread, and interpreter threads cause
redundant garbage collection or some such ("attempt to free non-existant
shared string...").

Through much internet searching, I found something saying a possible
solution is to spawn a thread off the main thread for the GUI and spawn
no threads from that one, spawning all other threads off the main
thread.  I tried this to no success.

If anyone has any pointers for multithreaded perlqt apps, I'd appreciate
it greatly.  Even a hint toward some overlooked documentation would be
useful.

Thanks,
Darrik Mazey