[Kde-perl] A matter of QiconViewItem clicking...

Gary Greene greeneg at phoenuxos.com
Fri Sep 23 02:27:36 CEST 2005

I'm trying to get the item that was clicked from a QIconView so I can extract
the text from it to allow the installer I'm writing to know which drive to
install PhoeNUX OS on. The drivePopulate sub looks like this:

sub drivePopulate {
    $MainWidget::driveView->clear();
    my $drvIcon = &Pixmap( "/usr/share/pixmaps/installer/hdd.png" );
    our @ideHarddisks = Detect::detectEide();
    our @scsiHarddisks = Detect::detectScsi();
    our %driveInfo = %{ Detect::detectStrgSize() };
    our @drives = [];
    for ( my $i = 0; $i < @ideHarddisks; $i++ ) {
        my $temp = $ideHarddisks[ $i ];
        chomp( $temp );
        my $driveName = $temp;
        $temp = substr( $temp, 6 );
        my $roundedSize = sprintf( "%.2f", $driveInfo{ $temp } );
        # we can asssume that having drives less than 3 Gig will not install
        if ( ! $roundedSize lt 3 ) {
            $drives[ $i ] = Qt::IconViewItem( $MainWidget::driveView,
                                        &tr( "$driveName\n$roundedSize GB" ),
                                        $drvIcon );
            $MainWidget::driveView->connect( $MainWidget::driveView,
                                        SIGNAL "clicked(QIconViewItem*)",
                                        this,
                                        SLOT
					"driveSelected(QIconViewItem*)" );
	}
    }
}

The slot that gets connected after the driveView is clicked on the item looks
like this so far:

sub driveSelected {
    &enableDriveActionGrp();
}

what I need as well is that slot to export the $drive[$i] so I can pass that
info to the takeOverDrive sub. Any suggestions are welcome.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel.tolharadys.net

Developer and Project Lead for PhoeNUX OS.
 check out http://www.phoenuxos.com/ for more info.
EMAIL : greeneg at phoenuxos.com