[Kde-perl] Cleaning up after objects...

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 07:12:01 CEST 2005

--- Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm slightly confused as how I should do cleanup.. Is there a
> "DELETE"
> equivelent to the NEW method?

No, not a real eequivalent. We seem to have overlooked it...

> Basically what I want is to have a "message" sent through a socket on
> destroy.
> Using the destroyed signal seems risky as I need some info in the
> object to
> make the connection and send the message, and it spicifically says
> the
> object's vtable will be "degenerated" at that point and to not call
> any
> methods on it.

Which info? If you need to call a C++ method on that object, that's
right. However, if you store the data you need in the Perl object,
it'll still be OK from the deleted() handler, or from an ON_DESTROY
method, depending on the way your program works.

I should've added an ON_DELETE function. It's not that hard to add to
QtSmokeBinding::deleted()

Ashley Winters

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/