[Kde-perl] PerlQt segfaults under Qemu

Roy Souther roy at SiliconTao.com
Mon Jun 6 16:15:58 CEST 2005

I don't need help with this. I just wanted to point this out. I am
creating a Live CD built from Knoppix technology that uses PerlQt as the
main feature. The CD and PerlQt are working great when used in a real
computer but when I run the image inside a Qemu virtual system PerlQt
dies with a segmentation fault every time.

I tried to make a very simple script to test with and got the same
problem. I ran strace to see what what happening but did not see any
problems before the segfault.

This is PerlQt 3.006 static.

Under Qemu the system is running with limited amount of RAM, begin it is
a Live Knoppix system it is running with even less. Could this be a low
memory problem?

I realy like PerlQt a lot.

Roy Souther
www.SiliconTao.com
Let Open Source help your business move beyond.

For security this message is digitally authenticated by GnuPG.