[Kde-perl] QPointArray

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 13:03:45 CET 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 12:08, nornagon wrote:
> Hiya.
>
> I'm trying to use a Qt::CanvasPolygon in my program, and it seems to
> use a Qt::PointArray for its points... only Qt::PointArray doesn't
> seem to have any of the members it should have from inheriting
> QMemArray<QPoint>.
>
> I'm clueless.
Tricky - the problem is that the Smoke library code generation currently
misses out template superclasses like QMemArray here. So either the missing
QMemArray methods could be special cased and added to PerlQt, or the code
generation would need to be fixed to generate a binding for the classes
'QMemArrayPoint' and 'QMemArraychar' for concrete instances of
QMemArray<QPoint> and QMemArray<char>.

I've had a look at the QPointArray docs though, and it looks to me as though
you can work round the missing methods. There is a QPointArray.setPoint(uint
index, const QPoint& point) method implemented, so it should still be
possible to set up an array of points. I assume setPoint() resizes the array
- I haven't tried it.

-- Richard