[Kde-perl] Overloading of Qt::ToolTip::maybeTip doesn't work

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sat Oct 30 17:54:14 CEST 2004

Le Samedi 30 Octobre 2004 10:30, Ole Christensen a écrit :
> Richard,
>
> I have investigated the thing a little bit more. The problem was that I
> used the latest CVS export. mapObject actually isn't called in this
> version any more. Tracking down the CVS logs I found that Germain Garand
> has removed two calls to mapObject in Qt.pm version 1.86. The log holds
> "don't map objects twice". Maybe one deletion happened unintentionally.
> I have no idea.

Hi,
Those two calls are really just redundant.
Objects are already mapped directly in the marshaller, so they don't need to
use mapObject.

to achieve the same, just change:

-        if( sc.hasVirtual() )
               mapPointer(obj, &o, pointer_map, o.classId, 0);

in handlers.cpp but this is wasteful.

This should rather be fixed in kalyptus. We should set cf_virtual the minute a
class has a virtual method regardless of the dtor, even if mapping cleanup is
then problematic as Richard pointed out.

That beeing said, I don't think it is much of a problem for PerlQt, as the
object table has weak references, so pointers are deleted when the Perl
object is deleted.

Germain