[Kde-perl] what about Kicket applets or try icons in PERL ?

Rob kdemail-raindog at kudla.org
Thu May 27 14:46:16 CEST 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 07:18, prometeux at cantabriawireless.net
wrote:
> I am writing from Spain, and i want to know if there are any
> thing for make kicker applets or kicker try icons , or put ir
> in the dock. I want to make some PerlQT apps but i would like
> to integrate it with KDE. Any ideas

Best I came up with was "kswug", a kicker applet written in C++
that just polls a directory for an xpm every 5 seconds (to
display temperature and "feels like" temperature, heat index or
windchill accordingly) and a perl script that actually scrapes a
web page for the pertinent information and dumps an xpm out
there for it to find.  I've been meaning to generalize it more
so you could configure multiple displays and assign different
programs to each one, but I sure would like it better if I could
just do it all natively with PerlQt.

Rob