[Kde-perl] Qt Embedded with PerlQt and QtRuby

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue May 25 21:15:30 CEST 2004

I've been getting kalyptus to generate the SMOKE lib for Qt/E 2.3.4 today. It
all builds fine after tweaking the code generation a bit, but the way QtRuby
handles signals/slots will have to be changed to matched the table of
pointers to functions in Qt 2.x, instead of the Qt 3 style internal slot
handling.

I remember Germain saying that he'd got PerlQt working with Qt/E a whild ago -
so I searched Google and found this:

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-perl/2002-December/000572.html

But I couldn't find the source to download on the PerlQt site - I wonder if
it's in the PerlQt cvs somewhere. The changes to get QtRuby with Qt 2.x
should be much the same, and it would be nice to borrow Germains's stuff
rather than start again. Anyone know anything about this?

-- Richard