[Kde-perl] PerlQT Canvas Sample?

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 01:37:47 CET 2004

--- Germain Garand <germain at ebooksfrance.org> wrote:
> Le Samedi 13 Mars 2004 19:59, Ashley Winters a écrit :
> > QCanvasItem objects are also subject to that parent requirement,
> but
> > PerlQt is smart enough to check ->canvas() instead of ->parent() on
> > them, so you shouldn't need to do anything else special for it to
> work.
>
> ermm, I'm afraid it's not :-}
> They have to be kept somewhere too.
>
> We have a problem with those because it's the only *Item class that
> doesn't
> have a corresponding takeItem() method in the container...
> so people wouldn't be able to remove them from the canvas...
>
> This is really an unfortunate state of things.
> Maybe we should drop the DWIM here and introduce an explicit delete()
> method
> for *Items?

Hrm. Yes, it seems the "proper" way to remove a CanvasItem from a
Canvas is to delete it. That's just... lovely.

Anyone want to wager how much I'm going to regret not getting involved
in Qt-4 development? I can only imagine what sorts of other... lovely
decisions they're making right now. :)

Oh well, there's only so much mischief I can cause for free. Anything
more requires a paycheck!

Ashley Winters