[Kde-perl] Qt Scribble Example

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 08:37:37 CEST 2004

On Thursday 29 July 2004 05:06, Yanick wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:34:08AM +0100, Richard Dale wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 July 2004 00:54, vze4yqzt wrote:
> > > 	./scribble.bin
> > > 	Lookup for QColor::QColor(0, 0, QPixmap)
> > > 	did not yeld any result.
> > > 	Might be a call for an enumerated value (enum).
> > > 	Trying QColor::QColor() with no arguments
> > > 	at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Qt.pm line 428.
> > > 	Can't use string ("0") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in 			use
> > > at /usr/local/
> > >
> > > I am using:
> > > 	qt-3.1.2
> > > 	PerlQt 3.008
> > > 	libsmokeqt.so.1.2.1
> > >
> > > scribble script:
> > > http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-perl/attachments/20031114/b9e07619/sc
> > >ribb le.bin
> >
> > I've just tried the script, and it worked fine for me, using:
> > 	qt-3.3.2
> > 	PerlQt 3.008
> > 	libsmokeqt.so from kdebindings cvs
>
> I have qt-3.3.1
> PerlQt 3.008
> libsmokeqt.so.1.2.1
>
> And I get the same error as Robert. The problem seems to be coming
> from the line
>
> 	bitBlt(this, 0, 0, _buffer);
>
> in paintEvent().
This slightly rings a bell. I translated this program from qtruby a few months
ago because it had a common bug with perlqt. I think I remember Germain
saying at the time that the syntax for calling 'global' methods like bitBlt()
had changed slightly and my program was wrong. I got the way I did it from
the docs at the time, which were out of date..

-- Richard