[Kde-perl] Re: Delayed show()

Yanick yanick at istop.com
Wed Jul 28 04:20:35 CEST 2004

Ah, AH! Found it!

Sorry to answer my own post, but just to bring this thread to
a neat closure, and to perhaps enlight other newbies who might have the
same question:

> I'm beginning to play with qtperl, and there some logic of the
> event loop that is, well, throwing me off the loop. [..]
>
> In my mainWindow widget, I have a slot that goes like that:
>
> 	sub mySlot : SLOT() {
> 		my $alert = Qt::Widget;
> 		# build $alert
>
> 		$alert->show;
> 		do_stuff();
> 	}
>
> The problem is that $alert only shows up once do_stuff() is done.

And the solution consists of writing:

	$alert->show;
	$application->processEvents;
	do_stuff();

where $application is the main Qt::Application.

Joy,
`/anick

--
 "Luck is the residue of design."
        - Branch Rickey - former owner of the Brooklyn Dodger Baseball Team