[Kde-perl] a little question

Rob kdemail-raindog at kudla.org
Thu Jan 8 01:03:52 CET 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 18:36, Germain Garand wrote:
> > the text in the textedit became "i'm going to download a
> > linux distro iso" only when the download is finished (and
> > the esecution of the sub "prova" is terminated). Is there
> maybe you need to understand better the concept of event loop
> driven programs. There is nothing magically happening in the
> background, it's all very sequential.

I don't think he wants anything to happen in the background here,
I think he just wants to know how to force a repaint of his
textedit control before executing that wget. ;)  Would something
like select(undef, undef, undef, 0.1) (sleep 0.1 seconds) cause
the Qt event loop to do its stuff or is there maybe some way to
force a redraw?

Admittedly, I would want to do what you suggest in the case of
downloading an ISO since you kinda need a progress meter for
something that large.

Rob