[Kde-perl] Delayed Text box Output

Joe Claborn joe at claborn.net
Fri Dec 17 16:24:11 CET 2004

If this is FAQ - someone please point me in the right direction.

I have a PerlQT application that is the front end for a process that takes 5
or so minutes to run. That process is written as a Perl package that I call
from my PerlQT application.  I need the process to be able to log status to a
text box in the PerlQT application.

I added a text box, and a couple of routines to write to the text box and
passed the write routine to the Perl package.   It all runs fine - except
that all the output to the text box appears at the end of the process run -
instead of in real time as it happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--