[Kde-perl] Memory fault when inserting QTableItem into QTable

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 15:46:40 CEST 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 14:19, Oliver Kreuer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first of all I have to apologize that I couldn't spend time until now to
> test the patches provided by Richard.
>
> I've tried patch perlqtdispose_0.2.patch (see thread "Freeing memory
> used by QTableItem) and it works fine in my testscripts. I didn't try
> patch perlqtdispose_0.3.patch because Richard wrote that he's going off
> the idea a bit.
>
> So for me this patch (0.2) solves my problem. As far as I understood the
>   ongoing conversation after Richards 0.2er patch this patch isn't as
> "stable" as one could wish.
I've had a look at the 0.2 patch, and its got some 'random' stuff in there
that isn't to do with adding the dispose() method, so I would be careful
about using it. Here is a cleaned up version without any of the unwanted
'zombie' changes or anything else.
> Therefore I wonder if there will be a "final" solution to this problem
> in a next or newer version of Perl/Qt?
That's up to Germain to decide if its a good idea or not.

-- Richard