[Kde-perl] Two small problems with puic (hand corrected)

Alain EMPAIN alain.empain at ulg.ac.be
Sat Aug 21 11:20:51 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am developping with perl-Qt (Version : 3.008, release 118),
designer/Qt 3.3.1 from SuSE 9.1.
puic is <PerlQt User Interface Compiler v0.70 for Qt version 3.3.1>

0/ When I run 'piuic -o ...' an error message says :
"puic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (3.3).
Recent extensions won't be handled."
No problem ;-)  : I edit the version 3.3 to 3.0, and it works.
I browsed for a newer version of puic, with no success.

1/ when I change the default font, or the palette with designer, puic is
fooled.
Exploring why, I found that simply the new objects are not listed within
the generated perl module Xxxx.pm :

----------------------
New generated intructions :
sub NEW
{
    shift->SUPER::NEW(@_[0..3]);
(...)
    pal = Qt::Palette();
    cg = Qt::ColorGroup();
    cg->setColor(&Qt::ColorGroup::Foreground, &black);
(...)
---------------------------
ERROR:
Can't modify constant item in scalar assignment
at Etpg.pm line 434, near ");"

434:     pal = Qt::Palette();
---------------------------
What to do : add pal and cg to Qt::attributes :

use Qt::attributes qw(
    pb_sel1
=> I added the lacking objects :
    pal
    cg
);

And with this simple correction, it gives a valid xxx.pm

Is it known stuffs, is there a recent, corrected puic ?

     Cheers,

    Alain

Dr Alain EMPAIN  <alain.empain at ulg.ac.be> <alain at br.fgov.be>
      Bioinformatics, Molecular Genetics,
      Fac. Med. Vet., University of Liège, Belgium
      Bd de Colonster, B43   B-4000 Liège (Sart-Tilman)
WORK: +32 4 366 3821  FAX: +32 4 366 4122
HOME: rue des Martyrs,7  B- 4550 Nandrin
  +32 85 51 23 41  GSM: +32 497 70 17 64
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that
10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were
you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation