[Kde-perl] Up and mosly running on SunOS

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri May 9 13:56:23 CEST 2003

Le Jeudi 08 Mai 2003 14:31, jim cowan a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'll have to diff the files because I don't
> think I have any other changes than the ones
> I already described. But after a bit of trying
> to understand the flow (via printfs) and
> recompiling and linking, most everything started
> to work. Perhaps its the perl 5.6.0...

Hi Jim,
I'm sorry to come when the battle is over, I've been a bit busy ;-/

I have some fixes pending for Solaris that should take care of the -lCrun
issue, but I'm a bit worried about your changing Smoke::Index to int
Is that necessary? (I can't see how this is related to the missing vtbl symbol
you reported?)

Anyway, your diffs would be much appreciated, if there's anything else.

> Use of uninitialized value in bitwise and (&) at
> ../blib/lib/Qt.pm line 427.

mmh, this looks like a difference in the way the short-circuit && works in
5.6.0... will fix that.

> panic: magic_killbackrefs during global destruction.

I've already seen those magic killbackref panics.
It seems to be a perl 5.6.0 bug with deleted weak references that are still
pointed-to by their target, and I see no easy way to fix those. I'll try to
dig a bit more though.
Did they ever happen to crash a program or is it always in global destruction?

Cheers,
Germain