[Kde-perl] QThread anyone?

Ringwraith anthony at subnetters.org
Mon May 5 01:54:08 CEST 2003

Hey guys... I have a "dumb" question, but I am learning.. Is there
anyway I can use QThread? when i call a new instance of it it says no
method call for Qt::Thread. And if there is a way would i have to have a
perl interpreter with threads support?

Also, the reason why I am asking this is basically, I have a wizard
where at one point when the user clicks next, it will start to copy
files and update a progress bar. I do not want the program to appear to
hang during the copy process, I've tried fork, but from reading the
perldocs on fork it looks like it may be a fuss to get it working
properly along side with perlqt. Can someone suggest a better way to go
about this?

Thanks