[Kde-perl] PREFIX/prefix request

Germain Garand kde-perl@mail.kde.org
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:02:40 +0000

Le Jeudi 06 Mars 2003 08:07, Jaco Greeff a =E9crit :
> Hi,
>
> It is possible to have consistency in the {PerlQt|smoke}/Makefile synta=
x?
> To install both as part of an RPM build process, I specify
>
> make PREFIX=3D${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}/usr \
>          prefix=3D${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}/usr install
>
> to get both smoke and the Qt stuff installed in the $RPM_BUILD_ROOT.
> (Makefile.PL prefix specified as /usr) Making this (prefix) default to
> PREFIX in the smoke subdir would make life somewhat easier from a packa=
ging
> perspecitive. (At least in the case where libsmoke is enabled as part o=
> the build.)

Yes, several people have requested that, but it's not that simple...
given that we use the KDE build system, "prefix" often points to the KDE =
root=20
dir (libsmokeqt.so, as a KDE library, should be installed there if KDE is=
=20
installed), whereas "PREFIX" points to the root of the Perl hierarchy...
They are rarely the same.
But some kind of harmonization is definetly needed, I agree.