[Kde-perl] Problem returning QByteArray from QProcess::readStdout

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Wed Jun 25 02:20:04 CEST 2003

Le Mardi 24 Juin 2003 23:59, Terrence (Terry) Fleury a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi,

> When readFromStdout gets called, I use the readStdout method to try to read
> in the output generated.  However, I get the following error:
>
>     Cannot handle 'QByteArray' as return-type of QProcess::readStdout at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Qt.pm line 224.

mmh right, there is no QByteArray Marshaller...
I'll look into that but given that I'm struggling to find time to actually
release *something* stable before I take my hollidays at the end of this
week...

> So, if PerlQt can't handle QByteArrays, then QProcesses are basically
> useless.  What else can I do?

$ pqtapi QProcess | grep read
        QString QProcess::readLineStderr()
        QString QProcess::readLineStdout()  <= use that one?
        QByteArray QProcess::readStderr()
        QByteArray QProcess::readStdout()
        void QProcess::readyReadStderr()
        void QProcess::readyReadStdout()