[Kde-perl] Embeding widgets in listviews?

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at telusplanet.net
Mon Jun 2 02:33:56 CEST 2003

Is it at all possible to embed arbitrary widgets (say a ProgressBar for
instance ;) in a ListView?

I just started playing around with Qt and PerlQt, so I'm not totally versed in
all of Qt's secrets..

I mean It should be possible to do it.. But I can't figure out how. I'm trying
to add a form of progress indicator in one column of a ListView.. So far,
I've just subclassed ListViewItem, handle the paint part for just the one
column I want to meddle with. It will work, but It seems like alot of trouble
to go to for something that Id think would already exist...

A friend of mine does Delphi development, and they use these 3rd party data
controlls that you can do anything to. embed anything in anything.. like a
listview in a listview item, and have it all work logically. thats really the
kind of thing I'm looking for :) Is it too much to ask? I mean Qt IS
technically a commercial product....

Now, if this isn't the right place at all for this question I'll try one of
the Qt mailing lists, but I can't seem to get to any trolltech site tonight.

Thanks.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@(telusplanet|strangesoft).net