[Kde-perl] Right Click Menu

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 30 23:26:36 CEST 2003

On Saturday 30 August 2003 21:54, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le Samedi 30 Août 2003 21:06, Richard Dale a écrit :
> > I think the concept should work (I copied the example from the Qt
> > Scribble example in the 'Programming With Qt' book and translated it from
> > ruby), even though my perl example looks pretty poor perl - what do you
> > mean by 'it doesn't do what I want' - what is the specific problem?
>
> the different mouse event name is quite misleading ;-/
>
> Hopefully, we've got kickass introspection tools :-)
>
> Germain
> P.S: Oh, BTW can QtRuby show the virtual calls? 0:-}
I thought this was a good summary of python vs. ruby issues:

On 8/28/03 8:56 PM, "Scott Thompson" <easco at mac.com> wrote:

>> : Can anyone give me a good reason why I would want to use Ruby over
>> Python?
>>
>> Ruby smells better than Python.  Also, it has cuter girls.
>>
>> Python sometimes tastes better if you prepare it right.
>
> I hadn't noticed the odor thing.  It does have a faintly floral aroma
> doesn't it.
>
> Of course it is no surprise that you can get more and cuter girls with
> Rubies than you can with Pythons.
>
> Scott
Well I think PerlQt and QtRuby are 'brother and sister', ruby is just so
'girlie' :). How do people refer to the PerlQt project where they have to
assign a gender - is it 'le PerlQt, la PerlQt or les PerlQt..

le PerlQt et forte, mais *la QtRubyists* - sont les 'wimps' :)

-- Richard