[Kde-perl] Re: perlQt question

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Thu Aug 28 00:37:52 CEST 2003

Le Mercredi 27 Août 2003 22:28, Ashley Winters a écrit :
> --- Kapkaev at inbox.ru wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am not found how can I call Qt global function
> > 'bitBlt' from perlQt.
> > Can you help me?
> > Thanks!
> > (I like perlQt much more than perlTk or perlGTK...)
>
> bitBlt is being added to PerlQt now. You may need to follow special
> instructions to get the latest development version out of CVS, since
> there isn't a release version which includes it.

Yes, I'll commit it around midnight GMT... I have to finish the redirection of
the new static operators and merge other changes.

All global Qt functions are collected in a pseudo-class named Qt::GlobalSpace.

You can use them as fully qualified calls:
      Qt::GlobalSpace::bitBlt( args...)
or you can export all of them (except operators, which work magically) to the
current namespace:
      use Qt::GlobalSpace;
      bitBlt(args...);

or only a few :
      use Qt::GlobalSpace qw( bitBlt qCompress qSysInfo );

(that's the classical Exporter interface)

If you want to try the CVS, please follow those indications:

$ echo "
cvs -z4 -q
diff -u3 -p
update -dP
checkout -P" > ~/.cvsrc
$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.perlqt.sf.net:/cvsroot/perlqt
$ cvs login
<press enter>
$ cvs co PerlQt-3
$ cd Perlqt-3/
$ make -f Makefile.cvs
$ perl Makefile.PL --enable-smoke  (maybe also --with-qt-dir=/root/of/qt3
 							     --prefix=/root/of/kde)
$ make
# make install

Greetings,