[Kde-perl] RDF, laces, and other things

jo walsh jo at abduction.org
Wed Aug 27 02:16:00 CEST 2003

hi hi,

noticing today, while uploading the first draft or 2 of my RDF::Simple
package to CPAN, your RDF::Laces. it's interesting! it does weird things!
i must admit, i myself as an rdf-head, find it counterintuitive - i have
hardwired, perhaps nonperlish expectations of what to expect, i couldn't
make it do what i meant, though not digging down to the source level - but
then perhaps i shouldn't have to ;)

the sort of thing i'd expect is this:

my $doc = RDF::Laces->new('#foo');

$doc->{foaf} = 'http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/';

my $p = $doc->foaf->Person->foaf->name('Jo Walsh');
$p->foaf->knows->()->foaf->name('Schuyler Erle');

print $foaf;

but then, perhaps i have a graph-model-oriented view embedded, rather than
the document-tree-oriented view which - forgive my misconceptions - Laces
seems to be offering?

enjoying the behindscenes perl magic though, and willing to contribute to
backends etc, if my simple serialiser of much use, and wondering how one
can make the pod examples more, well, real-world ;)

also curious as to where you hang about - dajobe, redland-author, is a
friend, but i mostly stay away from #rdfig, hang quietly on #foaf, or on
#bots on rhizomatic (zool). thus, pleasantly surprised never to have heard
of you :)

cheers, cheesy, (could be more sober right now, sorry)

jo
xx
--
"Common sense won't tell you. We have to tell each other." -DNA