[Kde-perl] Can't debug PQT app ...

Germain Garand kde-perl@mail.kde.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:17:09 +0000

Le Mercredi 18 D=E9cembre 2002 19:22, Ashley Winters a =E9crit :
> --- Germain Garand <germain@ebooksfrance.com> wrote:
> > Le Mercredi 18 D=E9cembre 2002 07:13, Steve Sloan a =E9crit :
> > Hello Steve,
> > Alas yes, the Perl debugger is buggy.
> > It can't handle lvalue subs assignment.
> > It means that whenever you assign something to "this" or to a
> > Qt::attribute,
> > it will hold "undef" under the debugger.
>
> Did I never mention that assigning to 'this' is deprecated? Umm... it
> should be. Feel free to add a setThis($foo) or whatever, if it'll help.
> There's no need for 'this' to be lvalue. Of course, attributes are
> something else. :)

Yes, why not... we'll still get BRs for attributes, but that's far better=
=2E
Properly informed people could even turaround by assigning this->{'foo'}=20
instead of foo...=20
That one will do great as a new FAQ entry :-D

G.
P.S: I uploaded to CPAN... Is there anything I should do for proper index=
ation =20
or is it some kind of overnight process ?